Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cookie Swap

Cookie swap- a fun holiday tradition.. wait, scratch that, a not fun, not tradition, stressful event that is totally sketchy. Why did I agree to this?

 

I agreed last week to do a cookie swap with a bunch of other moms at daycare, which involves making 8 batches of 6 cookies each. That equals like 70 cookies when I account for all the ones I will eat before I make it to the swap meet. & then I have to wrap them in cute little bags. Sounded fun. I imagined myself & my two year old happily decorating little Santa Claus and Christmas tree shaped sugar cookies with all different colors..

And then, the day came that I actually had to do it. Which is today.

 

H woke up at 4 am. Soaking wet. I had to change his diaper, jammies & his sheets. Then he told me he wanted to go poo on the potty. I was like “ok honey you can poo in the morning…nanights.” then didn't fall back asleep until right before I had to get up again. Scrambled around all morning, brought him to daycare, raced to work where my brain basically did this for 4 hours: “?!&#**$^&??/@!!&*” Then I went to Sam Diego’s for lunch where I pretended I was competing in an eating competition and 7 hours later, I am still full. Raced back home to pick up H, went grocery shopping, forgot cookie ingredients & toilet paper, forgot that I forgot those things, played for a while, fed him dinner, got him ready for bed, read 1000 books & kissed him goodnight. Then I sat down at my computer to “study” and remembered the cookie swap. And then I started writing this blog.

 

It is no 8:30 pm, I’m exhausted and full, and need to now stay up until all hours of the night baking cookies and preparing them in cute little torturous arrangements..

 

And once again I am asking myself, why do I agree to these things? Just. Say. No.

 

 

But I have a solution: going to Stop & Shop right now, buying 50 cookies, putting them in cute little baggies, & getting a whole bunch of awesome cookies from other people tomorrow, and hopefully I will have digested my Mexican food by then.

No comments: