Sunday, February 8, 2009

Convenience is Difficult

Sometimes things are supposed to be made better, but really they are made worse. For example, the baby formula I use, Similac. Instead of using cans like every other brand, they use these super technilogical boxes that are supposed to make things easier because they have a groove for your hand (retarded and pointless) and they have a little holder in the lid for the scoop. Henry is almost 2 months old, and I have gone through quite a few of these boxes, and every time I open a new one, I cut my knuckles, and have to wear bandaids. And its not that I forget, in fact, I fear opening them every time, but there is no way around it. Then, I have to peel the foil off. There is a little tab in the corner, and every single time I pull it, it just pulls the tab off and then I have to injure my hands more trying to get the foil off. Then, when the formula is almost gone, there isn't enough to make a scoop, so I have to pour the remaining powder into the new box (with my bloody knuckles) but there is a stupid lip on the corner of this stupid mishaped box, and I can't get it all out. (Rip off!) So basically, the only good thing about this retarded container is the place to store the scoop in the lid, but believe me, it is not worth it. Not to mention, they could have done this with a regular can. This container is even endorsed by Ty Pennington, "design expert." Ty Pennington can shove it!!!!!!

2 comments:

Paige said...

Um, I just found your blog link in my work junk mailbox. How dare my Outlook delete e-mails without my consent! I laughed really hard at the name though. Meat filled pastries, represent.

beDecent said...

hahah I love you. I will never buy formula from a box because of this. I imagine you can't change it now that Henry's used to it?